Stating the problem

Starting a text by stating the word problem is already much more ambitious than what someone could fulfill as it implies that we need to frame a part of the reality as if we already know and can take for granted what should be considered as a problem. Apart from the fact that a problem is always about a fragment and not a totality there is also the parameter of time. If the problem we set as problem is really one, can only be known in the depth of time. The problem of today is only to be revealed tomorrow, and what we consider as a problem today, tomorrow might be considered as a bless, not a curse. Therefore, fragmentation and temporality in defining the "problem" as such is already a problem in itself and certainly I could say that one of the problems I would like to solve with this text is the wrong perception of the term problem.

On the other hand the word problem rather implies the need for a solution but I am not sure yet if the aim of this text is to solve a problem or to create more problems opening up a set of questions and relating them, I guess it is up to the reader. Additionally, a solution is something final, conclusive and in a text about informality what is critical is rather to avoid the end. So instead of the word problem I prefer the word phenomenon because all a phenomenon seeks is to be understood and by understanding it one could frame a context and describe a situation in a way that is not aimed or closed but open and flexible. Through understanding changes will come unhurriedly and naturally, they will establish a line for communication and constant negotiation, or better, a symbiosis among the text and the phenomenon of informality.

The whole project is an attempt to transform my aesthesis for the things into a gnosis, into a knowledge that can be transferred, communicated, questioned. Somehow it is an attempt to formalize the informality of my intuition in a smooth way. This is why I don't start by aiming at the end, I just start writing, hoping that the way I write, and the content of what I write could teach me how I think.